From MDA meeting March 4th 2020
- Quo Vadis Dive Resort
- Savedra Dive Center
- Kasai Village Resort
- Asian Belgian Resort
- B. Ocean Blue
- Neptune Dive Centre
- Lion Dive Centre
- June Dive
- Emerald Green Diving Center
- Tik Tiki Divers Resort
- Magic Island
- Cebu Fun Divers
- Club Hari Dive Resort
- Cebu Dive Centre
- Blue Orchid
- Amigos Dive Centre
- Blue Abyss Dive Shop
- John Dutton (Quo Vadis DR) welcomed all and outlined the basic aim of meeting;
“To present the concept of forming a new and inclusive alliance group of all diving centers within the municipality of Moalboal.”
- Following a presentation of the above, summarizing current status of local diving community, benefits of a cooperative group (association) and way forward to form a collaborative group, the consensus of attendees agreed creating a new “association” would be a positive move forward for the local dive center businesses.
- It was acknowledged that with 17 of the 33 registered Dive centers attending this meeting, for the association to succeed, the remaining centers should be involved.
- The proposal of creating a formal association was agreed, to launch group it was also agreed that Jamie Gladwin (Magic Island) will act as President and John Dutton as acting Secretary. At a later date when all dive centers are members, these positions (plus any identified others) would be reviewed to fill with elected candidates.
- In preparation, Lee Butler (Savedra Dive Center) is creating a “Moalboal Dive Association” website to allow easy communication for the group.
- John to contact and invite all remaining dive centers by 31/March/2020
- John to Circulate via email to all attendees by 08/March/2020
- Lee to Upload minutes/Presentation etc by 15/March/2020
The date of the next meeting is 4th April at 6:30 pm, the venue once again is Quo Vadis Dive Resort. The link for the event is here.
The powerpoint presentation notes have been saved as a PDF and can be downloaded from here.